There’s no doubt that bikini waxing is on the rise. A recent study showed that a whopping 81% of women between the ages of 18 and 24 have had a bikini wax in the past year! If you’re considering getting a bikini wax, you’re not alone. In this guide, we will discuss everything you need to know before getting your bikini wax. We’ll talk about the different types of bikini waxes, the benefits of bikini waxing, and how to prepare for your appointment. We’ll also answer some common questions about bikini waxing. So whether you’re a first-time bikini waxing or you’ve been getting them for years, this guide has everything you need!
What is Bikini Waxing?
Bikini waxing is the removal of pubic hair using a special wax, which can be hot or cold, that adheres to hairs and pulls them out when the wax is remove quickly from the skin. While sometimes referred to as “Brazilian waxing,” bikini waxes are not limited to Brazilian styles. You can have any kind of design you want on your intimate area; it’s up to you! Some common ones include: landing strip, triangle (which used to be considered a brazilian), heart shapes for Valentine’s day… whatever floats your boat!
What are the benefits of Bikini Waxing?
A bikini wax is a beauty treatment that removes the hair from around the pubic area. It can be done with or without hot wax. The benefits of a bikini wax include:
– It’s more hygienic than shaving because it removes all the hair, including the ones that grow back in different directions.
– This makes your skin smoother and eliminates razor burn.
– It lasts longer than shaving because the hair grows back finer and slower.
– It can increase sensation and arousal for your partner by exposing more of the genitalia.
How to prepare for your first bikini wax?
– If you are new to bikini waxing, it is important to prepare your skin properly before the treatment. This will help ensure a smooth and painless experience.
– The night before, exfoliate your entire bikini area using a gentle scrub or loofah. This will remove any dead skin cells and allow the wax to adhere better.
– Avoid applying any lotions or oils to the area in the hours leading up to your appointment. These products can make the wax less effective.
– Be sure to arrive at your appointment freshly bathed and with clean skin. The therapist will be more likely to get a good result if there is no hair product residue on the skin.
What to expect during and after your bikini wax?
What to expect during your bikini wax:
– First, the technician will ask you to remove all of your clothing from the waist down and put on a robe.
– Next, they will apply a hot wax mixture to your bikini area.
– Once the wax is apply, they will quickly pull it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
– Finally, they will apply a cold compress to soothe any irritation.
What to expect after your bikini wax:
-You may experience some redness and swelling in the treated area, which is normal and should go away within a few hours.
-Avoid sun exposure and using harsh chemicals on the skin in the days following your waxing treatment.
-Avoid wearing tight clothing to reduce the risk of infection and irritation.
-Your bikini area can be extremely sensitive after a waxing, so you may want to avoid sexual activity for 12 hours afterward.
The different types of bikini waxes available for women
There are many different styles of bikini waxes that can be available in any spa. Some of these waxing services include the basic bikini line, Brazilian, French and Hollywood. Each one performs a different function so it is important to know what you are getting when you make an appointment for your next waxing service in Penrith. The esthetician will use special tools including hot or cold wax strips and pre-wax oil to achieve the best results possible.
The basic bikini waxing service is perfect for those who just want to clean up the hair from their bikini line. The esthetician will remove any unwanted hair that might be seen outside of your swim suit bottoms or underwear and leave you with a nice, smooth feel. A Brazilian wax goes further than this by removing all of the pubic hairs as well as cleaning up some areas around the rectum area. This leaves you with a small strip at the top and nothing else down below. Some people do not like having anything removed in this area so they opt for a French bikini which removes most of the pubic hairs but leaves behind a small triangle shaped patch on top to cover more skin when wearing bikini and other swim wear. Hollywood waxing is the most extreme type of bikini wax and removes all pubic hair including that which might not be seen under clothing.
If you have any questions about what these different types of bikini waxes entail, you can ask a beauty salon in Penrith to clear your doubts about hot or cold strips to avoid any discomfort during your appointment.
Tips for taking care of your skin after a bikini wax
– Make sure to moisturize the skin around the bikini area regularly. This will help keep the skin healthy and prevent ingrown hairs.
– Avoid using harsh soaps or scrubbing vigorously when cleaning the area. Gently washing with a mild soap is all that is need.
– If you have any redness or irritation after your wax, apply a cold compress to the area to help reduce swelling.
– Do not sunbathe or go in a hot tub/sauna until the skin has fully healed. The heat can aggravate any inflammation or irritation.
Thanks for reading this article!