Epson Printer Carriage is a gather section where ink cartridges are together. This is to transfer the ink to the printing paper. However, the Epson printer carriage jam error is the most common technical error cause by obstructions in the carriage path of an Epson Printer.
In addition, if there is a problem with the product software it can consider as a valid reason for the error to occur. Printer carriage will be stuck automatically. Also, you will hear a sound inside the printer.
Steps to Resolve Epson Printer Carriage Jam Error
Dealing with Epson Printer Carriage Jam Error? Here are the solution techniques that you can follow to get the Epson printer back to its proper working condition to fix the error.
Solution 1: Hardware Issue
- Let’s start with the easy solution techniques. The first thing you have to do is to cancel all currently running print jobs. Find pieces of paper, remove them immediately.
- You can close the Epson Printer and inspect paper stuck. You are advise to drive the printer carriage to the opposite site and search for any jammed paper.
- If you find any jammed paper, carefully remove it. Next, turn on the Epson printer. Insert the papers inside the printer correctly and check if you are able to print. If not, here is another option for you.
Solution 2: Check for Faulty Hardware
As stated earlier, faulty hardware can be the primary cause of a printer carriage jam problem. This problem is the main cause of paper feed roller problems and fuser unit problems. Here’s how you can fix them:
Paper Feed Roller Issue
- First, you need to make sure that the loaded paper doesn’t crease or curl. Make sure the papers are place correctly. It is highly recommend that you should check that manual.
- You must ensure that the sheet number does not exceed the limit. You should not load the paper above the edge guide arrow. If you find any jammed paper inside the printer, carefully remove it.
- However, if you use a multi-page feed, you need to remove the pile of papers. If you want to print more than one copy of a document, navigate to the printer’s software paper menu.
- Here, you have to check the copy settings and adjust it accordingly.
- In the beginning, you should press the Power button and turn off the Epson printer. Detach the power cable from the back of the printer. Wait 30 to 45 seconds and connect the power cable to the printer again.
- Press the power button and turn on the Epson printer. Then, load some paper into the paper tray and try to print a document.
For many reasons, you may experience this problem. For example, epson printer not printing after changing ink, and many others. Or, a problem with the printer itself could be causing the problem.
To overcome the situation, first of all, you need to check whether the nozzles are clogged or not. Also, you are advised to clean the print head. Also, make sure the paper size, as well as the layout settings in the printer software, are correct.
First, turn off the printer and then remove the power cable. On the front of the printer, you should locate the output tray. And, if you see any jammed paper in the output tray, remove it.